Tue, Apr. 21st, 2009, 07:33 am
Left 4 Dead's Survival Pack was released today. It's free, it's already available on Xbox Live, and the new Survival mode is no joke!
The Last Stand, the lighthouse map, is really awesome too, but very difficult. Unfortunately it's only for Survival mode. I just finished playing, it's CRAZY fun!
I applied for a personalized license plate two and a half weeks ago. I got a mail yesterday which said my application was rejected.
So I wrote them an email.
I recently attempted to purchase a personalized plate, ZMB KLLR, from the DMV website, and just received a letter that said this plate was unavailable because it was deemed "considered objectionable". I can blame only myself for this, as it appears my efforts to destroy the walking dead have not been sufficient. One of several scenarios must be the cause of my plate's rejection, each of them unthinkable.
1. The pro-undead agenda has infiltrated the Department of Motor Vehicles. If that is the case, then it is only a matter of time before organ donors' names, addresses and vehicular information is disseminated to the zombie population at large. Everyone knows that zombies crave the fresh brains of the living, and the DMV would be handing them a smorgasboard of Romero-like proportion.
2. Zombies are a protected group, meaning that hunting the filthy, shambling corpses of the recently and not-so-recently deceased is a hate crime. This too would mean that the pro-unlife lobby had wormed its way into the highest echelons of our government. If that is the case, then I have many more problems than a rejected personalized license plate and concede the point.
3. The person who processed my plate application is a zombie. If this is the case, I invite them to give me their address so I can thank them personally for their attention.
Failing any of these plausible scenarios, I am left dumbfounded as to any other possible reason my plate was rejected and invite someone to explain.
Thank you for your attention.
Yours in zombie slaying,
Sat, Jan. 17th, 2009, 08:02 am
Lots of news, I never update this thing.
1. Moving back to Hampton, buying a house. It's actually my old house, my mom will go to foreclosure if it isn't sold, and I'm looking for a house. So I'm buying it from her, and she can live with us. I have what I wanted originally, a room for Josephine, a good neighborhood and a house a lot cheaper than I planned. Won't be moving back until May/June though, still have a lease.
2. Still having a baby. 4 weeks away now.
3. Got my PS3 last night. PSN name is JuanGolbez.
4. Asked Ria to marry me. She said yes.
5. This space intentionally left blank.
I suppose some people would be falling to pieces trying to buy a house and have a kid at the same time. I'm oddly unaffected and unstressed. Check back in 6 months, maybe I'll still be that way.
Tue, Dec. 9th, 2008, 05:49 pm
I AM MURLOC!
I bought a cuddly toy for Josephine. Some people would have gone for a fluffy bear, but my daughter is worth more.( I AM MURLOC!Collapse )
I want to say, the medley of all the Ranka/Sheryl songs in duet is a new favorite of mine.
Synced to Zune so I can take the soundtracks on the go. Thanks, Lilly!
I a man many words sometimes. Other times, I have few. The expressly daunting task of trying to sum up running the AMS department for Nekocon keeps me from trying to recall and chronicle every event, laugh and tense moment. It was an experience, as always, and without picking the right people, I could not have helped the con be as smooth as it was.
It was excellent to see people I see so rarely, and to spend time with them just... being in each other's company. I don't get to do it enough.. and in a way, perhaps that is better. It keeps the time we do have from becoming trivial and wasted.
I am now downloading the D&D Insider Character Builder beta. Here's hoping to see the Game Table soon after.
Tue, Oct. 28th, 2008, 10:37 pm
Fallout 3 is OSMsauce so far! Oblivion in a post-apocalyptic setting, specifically the BEST post-apocalyptic setting!
I'm actually undecided on the presidential candidates, but I was reading a 'where do they stand on issues' webpage and I have to say, I can see why gays would support Obama, not because he favors gay rights, but because he favors equal rights.
Being gay or lesbian is not a choice. (Nov 2007)
Decisions about marriage should be left to the states. (Oct 2007)
Homosexuality no more immoral than heterosexuality. (Oct 2007)
Ok to expose 6-year-olds to gay couples; they know already. (Sep 2007)
Has any marriage broken up because two gays hold hands? (Aug 2007)
We need strong civil unions, not just weak civil unions. (Aug 2007)
Legal rights for gays are conferred by state, not by church. (Aug 2007)
Disentangle gay rights from the word "marriage". (Aug 2007)
Gay marriage is less important that equal gay rights. (Aug 2007)
Gay rights movement is somewhat like civil rights movement. (Aug 2007)
Let each denominations decide on recognizing gay marriage. (Jul 2007)
Supports health benefits for gay civil partners. (Oct 2006)
Opposes gay marriage; supports civil union & gay equality. (Oct 2006)
Marriage not a human right; non-discrimination is. (Oct 2004)
Include sexual orientation in anti-discrimination laws. (Jul 1998)
We were having a conversation about this at work today, and a religious coworker stated that 'marriage is a religious thing before God'. To which I replied, "Then I shouldn't have the option to get married, being nonreligious, or gay people should have the same ability to do it that I do".
The general consensus was that 'marriage' should be religious, and 'civil union' should apply to anyone who isnt religious and views it as a social/legal joining, gay or straight.
No idea what to do for those gay religious people though... I personally think they should be able to be married unless God (himself or herself) comes down and proclaims otherwise, but that's just me.
Wed, Sep. 24th, 2008, 12:58 pm
So, under the cut are my favorite baby names (so far) in no particular order. Let me know what you think, Ria has already let me know which ones she likes/dislikes.( NameologyCollapse )
I tend to like classic non-conventional names.